Author Topic: How To Make $100 Daily With Bum Marketing  (Read 17816 times)

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
Re: How To Make $100 Daily With Bum Marketing
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »
I'm a really big fan of Travis Sago. The truth is I got started in this field after I read his course. He's also sent some free content by emal that has been extremely valuable. - MM

RWDarnell

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Mark what a great article.  I too am a fan of Travis and Bum Marketing.  What I needed was the information you shared about how to broaden the scope of the site a bit and take advantage of the traffic.  Your email with the article link came at precisely the right time.
Thanks and God bless you, Richard Darnell

Countess

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:14 PM »
*blinks in shock that it is really called bum marketing*

picus

It should work in my own blog/site, right?
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
Hello, Mark, THANK YOU!

Your suggestions are great but I'm a bit concerned with sites such as ezinesarticles, that at the end may change their rules, i.e. take away your links, or even disappear sometime in the future. (remember when licos.com or excite.com used to be popular search engines?)

I have had great results by posting articles (I admit to write one in about two hours, complete with scientific references to medical papers, since I'm in the health niche) in my own blog, which is not even powered by Word Press. Google seems to like this relevant, fresh-content articles even when one of my sites is 5 months old and have basically no back-linking.

May be a variant of this bum marketing technique would be to post into your own website/blog. What do you think?

Best regards,

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
Hi Vicente,

Absolutely, I think that is a excellent idea.  Perhaps you could do both - write an article for your blog and one for submission as well?

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 01:28:48 AM »
Hi Y'all,

Roger -- the quote is usually attributed to Zig Zigler.

Mark -- great information, as usual. I'd heed Karen's advice, as she is wise beyond her years. She must know Yodi personally. Or as Yodi would say, "Wise beyond her years, is she."

On to John's articles. I'm not a guru in any sense of the word, but when I ran a test of article marketing, I had about 11 articles that got 2,200 views with about 450 clicking over to my fairly ugly site. And sold some product.

Since it was working, of course, I stopped doing it and wandered over to the newest shiny object. I'll be going back to it next week with my newest and main site (which will be live soon).

I agree with Karen's comments about the landing page and adding content. Very cool. My opinion is that I would not allow an adsense ad near any of my sites. That's actually one of the reasons why I don't hold EZA in the highest regard. More often than not, I'll use a syndication service for $6 each to blast a good article out. I've also started doing guest blog posts with a few people from this forum I care for and trust.

My feeling is that you also need a stronger resource box. You're really not driving people with any kind of enticement. My original "bribe" was a free report that I researched and wrote entitled, "5 Thing Your Doctors Won't Tell You About High Blood Pressure (And Why You Should Know Them." It had a monster-good cover and the affiliate offer was in the report.

Wandering on to a new subject...I always - and I mean always - post my best article on my site. Then I rewrite it a couple of times and submit those somewhere else. Now, all my friends with whom I have traveled with in this forum know I try to promote my own products or a PLR product (re-done, of course) for which I get paid 100%. Here's link to one of my sites - The most recent post has a link at the end that goes directly to a sales page for a product I have written with 100% unique content: www.salesmagicman.com.

I'll be migrating most of this content over to my newest site, but my philosophy will be the same. The new site will "bribe" subscribers to give up their email addresses for access to a 10-part video training series on internet marketing on the site. The target will be offline businesses.

So, summing up. Know your target. Know what they want. Give them value for joining up with you. Design every step with a basic flowchart so you can easily lead each site visitor into the next step of your sales funnel. The first step to claiming that visitor is an excellent article proof-read a million times with a strong call to action at the end bringing them to you.

Whew. I hope some of these thoughts help somebody. BTW, I'm a died in the wool fan (like forever) of Travis Sage and Mark Austin. Those two guys are at the top of my list as personal experts who would not ever steer me wrong.

Peace and Love. Out! - MagicMan

PS. The strategy of articles on US Free Ads is also very cool. Like tearing a dollar bill in half, I usually submit half the article with a link like "read more" to get them to my site.

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
Wandering on to a new subject...I always - and I mean always - post my best article on my site. Then I rewrite it a couple of times and submit those somewhere else.

Very good advice there MM!

Mark

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
~ Mark Twain

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
Hey there, Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. - MM

dgerryd

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »
Hey Mark I just wanted to ask this question this post was written back in 2009 do you think setting up a site with 6-10 articles
in a niche promoting an ebook and giving away a report or something like that to also gather emails is do-able these days lets say
not for the quick sale but to build on it over time the part I wanted to really know about was the article strategy lets say for the site I
am talking about with 6-7 articles thats lets say 7 keywords how many articles would you make for each keyword and would all articles
link to the home page this is where I get lost completly any imput would be much appreciated cheers

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
Hi Dgerryd

Welcome to the forum! In my opinion, if you are offering fresh relevant content, then yes.  But, I think you will also need to add new content on a regular basis in order to keep the Google bots happy (Wordpress is great for that).

Thanks,
Mark

~ Mark Twain

dgerryd

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »
thanks Mark for your reply you have given me hope how on earth do you knock out so many articles were you a good writer through school or did you
boost these skills yourself ?