Author Topic: World Cup 2010  (Read 12166 times)

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
World Cup 2010
« on: June 04, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »
Hi folks

The site I would like a review on is a joint venture site. (My son and I)

I would probably not have thought of asking for feedback until I noted this section of the forum relating to feedback!

Thanks Mark.

Well with the world cup almost upon us and American citizens becoming more and more involved in football soccer I would just like to ask for all interested members for your opinions on the site.

http://epic-soccer.com

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: World Cup 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:41:53 AM »
Hi Jim,

A cracking site. I have registered and bookmarked the page. I hope in the future when your site takes off that you might include the leagues North of the Border. Good luck mate, am very impressed. Unfortunately Scotland are not in South Africa. I wish England all the best, is that not a good repply for being a Jock. Up here it's a mixed feeling on how England do in the World Cup, am sure you know that yourself. I personally don't mind although there are times when I wish the opposite.

Am just looking forward to the Euro 2012 qualifying games.

Once again Jim, good luck with the site. It's an excellent sit. Keep up the good work.

Donald

;C o::)

valpubs

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 01:52:04 PM »
Good one Jim

Good colors, easy-on-the-eye layout.

The only, tinsy concern I have with it is that the home page is a shop - I, personally would put a bit of a story in here - such as a potted history of soccer and perhaps, some explanations of the rules (offside rule anyone?) plus something for those NOT interested in soccer - then link to the shop within the story. (Actually I've just found most of that under 'Epic Soccer Matches'!)

All in all it's looking good

Go England !

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »
Hi Jim,

A cracking site. I have registered and bookmarked the page. I hope in the future when your site takes off that you might include the leagues North of the Border. Good luck mate, am very impressed. Unfortunately Scotland are not in South Africa. I wish England all the best, is that not a good repply for being a Jock. Up here it's a mixed feeling on how England do in the World Cup, am sure you know that yourself. I personally don't mind although there are times when I wish the opposite.

Once again Jim, good luck with the site. It's an excellent sit. Keep up the good work.

Donald

Hi Donald

Thanks for your kind words.

I take note of your comments with regards to the Scottish leagues.

We will hopefully get them ready for the new season.

Pleased that you may get some enjoyment out of England winning the world cup. ??? ;) ;D ;D ;D

Jim

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
Good one Jim

Good colors, easy-on-the-eye layout.

The only, tinsy concern I have with it is that the home page is a shop - I, personally would put a bit of a story in here - such as a potted history of soccer and perhaps, some explanations of the rules (offside rule anyone?) plus something for those NOT interested in soccer - then link to the shop within the story. (Actually I've just found most of that under 'Epic Soccer Matches'!)

All in all it's looking good

Go England !

Hi Dom

Thanks for your comments.

I'm just testing putting the shop on the main page.

In your face so to speak.

Come on Engerland

Jim

Offline thebaron

• View Profile
    • Internet Marketing Consultant
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
Great site Jim but must agree the home page is off putting, I am sure you will sort something out tho.

Come on England bring the cup home again  ;C

Brian

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 04:41:43 AM »
Hi Jim,

Donald

Hi Donald

Thanks for your kind words.

I take note of your comments with regards to the Scottish leagues.

We will hopefully get them ready for the new season.

Pleased that you may get some enjoyment out of England winning the world cup. ??? ;) ;D ;D ;D

Jim

Jim,

I said that I hope England do well, didn't mention about winning it. Ha!Ha! On the whole I do hope they have a good one. Pity about Ferdinand. Saying that England have this habit of taking unfit players to competitions. Was listening to Talksport yesterday and a lot of fans were complaining about that.

Donald

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 07:16:18 AM »
Hi Brian

Great site Jim but must agree the home page is off putting, I am sure you will sort something out tho.

Cheers

Brian

The jury is still out on that one. I will probably change the home page.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jim

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 07:18:18 AM »
Hi Donald

Jim,

I said that I hope England do well, didn't mention about winning it. Ha!Ha! On the whole I do hope they have a good one. Pity about Ferdinand. Saying that England have this habit of taking unfit players to competitions. Was listening to Talksport yesterday and a lot of fans were complaining about that.

Donald

The manager will have to live by his decisions.

Could finish up being a hero or a villain.

Jim

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »
Hi JIM,

I PM'd Dom for advice and I came up with the idea of maybe next year, God willing we'll still be here to arrange a weekend in Birmingham or Manchester with guys in the forum. There are quite a few Brits there and it could be a useful weekend for everyone. Now before anyone complains, anyone would be welcome, wherever you are in the world. I get lots of e mails to go to a mentoring course that costs hundreds and sometimes thousands. I don't mean one of these weekends, just time off we can all afford, call it a jolly, talk about IM give advice and of course a few beers.

What do think?

I was on your site last week, brilliant. At least I saw an up to date photograph. I need to go back. There was an post I liked about articles, where I think you changed the wording and made it your own. Very interesting site and for those of you who have not visited Jim's site I would highly recommend that you do.

While I am here. I had forgotten I had a domain name lying redundant at Hostgator. I got it transferred to my own hosting mob, D9 (Anyone heard of them, very good by the way.) About two years ago I was experimenting with Clickbank, I decided to look at Health and Fitness. You promote a product and mask the affiliate with a domain name. I chose Body Building and I bought a domain name, don't laugh, :thinking: (cos I'm the opposite)
www.getmeanmuscles.com 8)shh Rather than use Clickbank did the Gold section have a site on body building or something similiar I could use. This is me wanting to go that wee bit further and get used to uploading although I have done it before it was a while ago. If anyone can help, that would be great or any other suggestions would be good.

Now, I hope that was not too long a post.

One more thing. I downloaded 100k Articles and I cannot open them. IE starts and  then stops. I also have to unzipped folders, not from Gold and I get the message "Cannot open, invalid or corrupt" what does that mean??

Have a nice day guys.

Donald, in not so sunny Scotland.

o::) *type* :thinking: :sleep:

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »
Hi Donald,

One more thing. I downloaded 100k Articles and I cannot open them. IE starts and  then stops.

Sounds like you may have a corrupt file. Did you try re-downloading that file?

Also, because of the lengthy name of some of the articles, make sure you download & unzip that file on your desktop. You don't want to do that "too deep" within your folder system or you may get error messages.

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »
Hi Mark,

I always download everything to my desktop. I haven't tried downloading the file again but I will in due course. Thanks mate.

Donald

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 06:04:45 AM »
Hi Donald

I PM'd Dom for advice and I came up with the idea of maybe next year, God willing we'll still be here to arrange a weekend in Birmingham or Manchester with guys in the forum. There are quite a few Brits there and it could be a useful weekend for everyone. Now before anyone complains, anyone would be welcome, wherever you are in the world. I get lots of e mails to go to a mentoring course that costs hundreds and sometimes thousands. I don't mean one of these weekends, just time off we can all afford, call it a jolly, talk about IM give advice and of course a few beers.

What do think?

That is a great idea for next year.

Regards

Jim

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
Hi Jim,

Well mate, what you think of your WC opener?? A shocking goal to concede. Unfortunately for the gaolie that's going to live with him forever. I think Capello might have a problem, does he drop him (he probably should) or does he go with him. I think the pressure will be for him to be dropped. We up here used to get slagged for having crap goalkeepers but I think the boot is on the other foot now. You haven't had a decent keeper since Seaman. I think you will struggle for a while for a decent keeper. I believe that Hart is a good goalie so maybe he'll start the game on Friday.

Anyway, you'll just have to wait and see what happens.  I was listening to Talksport earlier today. Someone sent an e mail about Green. They mentioned something about a song by "Greenday" "American Idiot".

Good luck in your next 2 games.

Donald

o::) o::) 8)shh 8)shh 8)shh 8)shh 8)shh

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi Donald

England 1-1 USA

Now I understand why Americans do not follow soccer. No passion. :o ;) ;D ;D ;D

Or of course, Americans have a stiff upper lip.

Jim