Author Topic: World Cup 2010  (Read 12168 times)

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: World Cup 2010
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:31 AM »
Hi Jim,

What about last night Jim. I have never seen an England side so poor, I thought they were embarrassing. What happened, Lampard, Terry, they were making schoolboy errors. Gerrard was a bit better, Rooney, well, sorry mate, I think his mind was a million miles away and he should have been taken off. Where was the passion. Is it the manager. I heard he was playing players out of position, but surely even then there should have been passion. What's going to happen on Wednesday night, will he make changes. They were saying 4 4 2 is not the way although apparently that was the formation in the qualifiers. Some folk want to play 4 5 1. What do you think??
Good luck for Wednesday..

Donald

:nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::)

valpubs

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
Hi Jim,

What about last night Jim. I have never seen an England side so poor, I thought they were embarrassing. What happened, Lampard, Terry, they were making schoolboy errors. Gerrard was a bit better, Rooney, well, sorry mate, I think his mind was a million miles away and he should have been taken off. Where was the passion. Is it the manager. I heard he was playing players out of position, but surely even then there should have been passion. What's going to happen on Wednesday night, will he make changes. They were saying 4 4 2 is not the way although apparently that was the formation in the qualifiers. Some folk want to play 4 5 1. What do you think??
Good luck for Wednesday..

Donald

:nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :nail: :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::) o::)

T'was an appalling effort by England. My local pub side could have played better - but then there are a lot of so=called 'premier' sides in trouble: Spain, France, Cameroon.

Denmark and Portugal aren't looking too good either.

So, it's an all-out blast on Wednesday to thrash Slovenia and qualify for the knockouts (if only I could throw a sickie and watch the match - but I won't)

My tip for the final? Argentina vs Netherlands

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 08:51:48 AM »
Hi folks

The performances of England are not what I had hoped for.

It happens every time we manage to get to the finals of the World Cup.

Personally I do not think the players are fit!

I've never seen so many of them profusely perspiring.

Make or break on Wednesday.

Rooney is definitely not getting the service he requires.

Emile Heskey? A center forward that cannot score goals.

The manager will have a lot to answer for.

Jim

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »
Hi,

Dom, What you said about the Europeans. I was watching telly before the first game today, (Sun) ands they were saying that Europe is struggling, and when you think about it they are. Holland have won 2 but they have struggled and the rest are struggling. Look at S America, all the teams are doing ok. I reckon a SAmerican team will win for the first time in Europe.

Jim. Rooney was crap all through the game. He was not interested, you could see that, especially in the last 15 mins. I think they are not happy with Capello. People think he is too strict, but then again, come on they should be able to crank it up when they are playing.

Dom, I think Argy v the Dutch could be a possibility. Italy v NZ was a draw when I last looked. Reckon no European team will win but I hope am wrong.

I just want Euro 2012 qualifiers to start so MAYBE the Jocks can qualify first time in 12 years.

Donald