Author Topic: Personal Use Rights  (Read 1284 times)

Offline qj001

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • Gask Ridge Press
Personal Use Rights
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »
Hi Folks

Here's a (probably dumb) question for you:

What does Personal Use Rights allow me to do?

For example the Muscle Building Whiteboard Videos in this month's Gold area are Personal Use Rights.

With a body like mine, these videos have nothing to teach me :laugh:, but can I use them on a site to promote another product or as list building bait (free access on a membership site) as long as I don't sell the videos?

Cheers

John

gaskridgepress.co.uk

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
    • Easy Internet Marketing Software
Re: Personal Use Rights
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:10:20 PM »
John
   The only dumb question is the question not asked that will save you from getting in trouble.  :shocked2:

The license included in the zip file is quite clear:

You have a personal use license. You cannot sell these videos nor give them away.

In other words they are for your on use to learn from.  You cant sell them or give them away.   ;)

Sorry

Jerome

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »

Offline qj001

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • Gask Ridge Press
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 04:43:14 AM »
OK thanks
gaskridgepress.co.uk

Offline ckoch

• Sr Member
  • I do all kinds of design
    • View Profile
    • Koch Consulting And Design!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 06:06:07 PM »
ok this is a fine line thing to me.  How is letting people look at something giving it away?  Giving it away is allowing people to download it and POSSESS it.  If your criteria is that these video's cannot be downloaded they are still personal video's.  Whats the thing you are doing that is wrong in this case putting them up for monitization purposes?  Isn't that different then giving them away still?  You're also NOT selling them (the actual video's) I say yes you can use it for yourself that way.  But I bet people will tell me off for that.

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
Personal use means you and you alone have ACCESS to the material to learn from.  So NO you dont have the right to let someone else LOOK at them.  If you have giveaway rights you can allow someone to LOOK at the material.

For example if you have personal use rights to videos you cant upload them to youtube because that gives other people access to those videos.

You might want to review this post http://resell-rights-weekly.com/forum/makingmoneywithplr/my-take-on-the-different-'rights'-available/msg57480/#msg57480

ok this is a fine line thing to me.  How is letting people look at something giving it away?  Giving it away is allowing people to download it and POSSESS it.  If your criteria is that these video's cannot be downloaded they are still personal video's.  Whats the thing you are doing that is wrong in this case putting them up for monitization purposes?  Isn't that different then giving them away still?  You're also NOT selling them (the actual video's) I say yes you can use it for yourself that way.  But I bet people will tell me off for that.

Offline mobear410

• Rocketing Through
    • View Profile
    • Ample Green Foundation
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 04:18:35 AM »
John
   The only dumb question is the question not asked that will save you from getting in trouble.  :shocked2:

The license included in the zip file is quite clear:

You have a personal use license. You cannot sell these videos nor give them away.

In other words they are for your on use to learn from.  You cant sell them or give them away.   ;)

Sorry

Jerome

But I understand him to say that he is NOT offering the video for sale but using it as an embedded video within a free membership site to help promote a product that he does have the right to resell. His question is "Can he do this legally?" with private label rights.  I would say yes he can since he is staying within the confines of the license. He is not selling or offering it to anyone but just using it to help promote a product that he can sell. Does anyone disagree? This is a question I would like to see what others think.  :thinking:
Thom Dickey, C.E.O. & Co Founder
http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »
His question is "Can he do this legally?" with private label rights.

Sorry but you are mistaken.  His question is about Personal Use Rights NOT Private Label Rights.  Below is his question from the original post:

What does Personal Use Rights allow me to do?

For example the Muscle Building Whiteboard Videos in this month's Gold area are Personal Use Rights.

Personal use means the product can only be used by that person.  Private Label rights is another thing altogether.

Jerome

But I understand him to say that he is NOT offering the video for sale but using it as an embedded video within a free membership site to help promote a product that he does have the right to resell. His question is "Can he do this legally?" with private label rights.  I would say yes he can since he is staying within the confines of the license. He is not selling or offering it to anyone but just using it to help promote a product that he can sell. Does anyone disagree? This is a question I would like to see what others think.  :thinking:

Offline veenaf1611

• How YouTubers Make Money
    • View Profile
    • How to Make Money on YouTube Videos
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 01:25:51 PM »
Very good question qj001.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards.
How to Earn Money Through YouTube
http://youtubesuccesstips.blogspot.in/

Offline awesley

• Learning about internet marketing
    • View Profile
    • Web site profits
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 08:19:09 AM »
I use PLR products with personal use rights as a resource to learn about different topics without having to buy them at full price.
Learning to be internet marketer. Following PROJECT BREAKTHROUGH a step by step video training by internet millionaires on how to start income generation in 14 days or less

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 04:40:45 AM »
puo is what it it says Personal Use Only but i have seen some say pou andthen down it will say you can use on your customers site. This is very confusing.
Bill Brooks    hillsborowd@gmail.com

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 07:15:44 PM »
OK.

1. Awesley seems to have a good handle on this subject.

2. John - with a post like that
, you might want to a) post a picture and b) tell us the secrets you already know. (LOL.) - MM

John