Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1060 times)

Offline marketingyard

• View Profile
Hi All
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:02:20 AM »
Hi All,

After many years away from Resell Rights Weekly I have been re-developing my website, and decided to upgrade my membership here.

My site has been registered since 2004, and has had many different forms over the years, always with the intention of promoting Affiliate Products.

My main profession is web/software development, and I am now building my site up to what will hopefully become a successful one.

Any comments, suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day & thanks for reading,

Peter Riley
http://www.marketingyard.com

Online Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 05:34:23 AM »
Hi Peter

:welcome: back to the RRW and the forum.

Affiliate marketing is a good way to start earning online.

If you are now a full member there are many excellent resources to go through in the members area.

Jim

Offline marketingyard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 05:54:59 AM »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome back.

I am indeed a full member now, and really looking forward to integrating many of the Awesome resources in the members area.

There are many products to suit nearly every need, and certainly all of mine. I'm just playing catch-up with the resources available, but doing little and often is a good way, plus the search engine spiders will visit more often if there's new content added regularly.

Cheers,

Peter
http://www.marketingyard.com/

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »
Hi Peter - Welcome back. I took a look at your site and it looked very robust to me.

Listen, I could be all wet on this...but I'd like to throw out a suggestion. My preference for a home page on a site really only has a couple options: clearly displaying or explaining what the site is about and who it is for or just a landing page with an opt-in.

Here's a link to a new site I'm working on www.justicewatchofamerica.com- it's an advocacy site so it seemed to me that a few important elements were placed "above the fold." So, it clearly has our name and advocacy statement right at the top.

The big welcome image is to convey some warmth to our visitor.

The first big subhead and image are intended to soften, somewhat, the notion that this could be an overly aggressive type of site (rabid foaming-at-the-mouth-anti-police). It's not perfect and I need to add an opt-in there.

Your highest value position on the home page is a slider of ads. It doesn't seem to convey the essence of the site you own and are creating. Your site and views will be best served to be the predominant element with the ads as supporting characters.

Hey, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. The really good news is you're an experienced online guy with your own website. Bravo!! Again, welcome back. It's great to have you here.

All the best - Magicman

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
Welcome Back to the forum Peter!

Offline marketingyard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
Hi siginc,

Thanks for the welcome back.

Cheers,

Peter

Offline marketingyard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »
Hi magicman,

Thanks for the welcome back, and for your much appreciated suggestion.

I do agree that the home page should indeed inform the users what the site is about, which I do intend to improve upon, but my main skill is development so i'm still trying to work out the best way forward with the message I need to portray.

My initial thought on the home page is to write a long brief about Marketing and all sub-categories like Affiliate Marketing, Article Marketing etc. whilst having a call to action at various points, to sign up to the members area.

Looking at my web stats, I see that the one link to download 'CB Affiliate Marketing' pdf on the home page has performed quite well, but the Members registration hasn't, which tells me that I really need to get more sign-ups. I also checked, and the CB Affiliate Marketing search returned on page 3 of Google, which might be a contributing factor of that one doing much better.

On a positive side, the add to favourites from all visitors in October was at over 25% which is pretty decent.

Once i've added more free downloads to the Members area, i'll change the home page.

Many thanks for taking the time to review and offer constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Peter

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 11:42:02 PM »
Peter - you're quite welcome. As I said, you're off to a grand start. Continuing wishes for ongoing success! - MM