Author Topic: A Humble Request  (Read 2592 times)

valpubs

A Humble Request
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
Me? Humble? LOL !!

Anyways - this really is 'Off Topic'

As you might or might not know our very own eagles12 (Mark Butts) is building up a 'war chest' to help with his lifelong dream of becoming a missionary in the Philippines.

This will mean that Mark and his family will be upping the whole enchilada and moving to Luzon City (his very own 'Thriller Just Outside Manila') permanently.

Now this will require some major funding (as I'm sure you can appreciate) and I offered to help Mark out by doing some money-raising.

Well, I've just finished the basic donation page and I'd sure appreciate you guys hitting the big ol' DONATE button.

http://www.gofundme.com/16gev8

Honestly, thanks to all that can help in any way.

Thanks for listening

Dom

P.S. The amount is in UK currency due to the way that the site is set up and I live outside the U.S. but don't let that stop you  :smiley:

P.P.S. You can donate anonymously if you like, or, if you can't donate then please do share the URL on your Facebook page, Twitter a/c etc. etc. and let's get Mark et al out there doing what he wants to.

Thanks again guys.

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
Re: A Humble Request
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
Dom,

You're a class act! Thank you for doing this for Mark!

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
Super job Dom this is the what I love about this forum.
Bill Brooks    hillsborowd@gmail.com

Offline Simply Creative

• Sr Member
  • Delivering better pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
Dom,

You're a class act! Thank you for doing this for Mark!

Mark

I'll second that!

~Karen

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »
Nice touch Dom.  :applause: :sunshine: :cool: *B*

It's about time Mark and Brenda moved to the Philippines.  :cool: :::tu :applause:

Let's help them!

Blessings

Jim

valpubs

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 02:01:09 AM »
Thank you guys

Please remember to send the URL out to your blog readers, email list, Twitter and Facebook followers - we really appreciate any help we can get.

Kindest

Dom

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:07 AM »
Nice one Dom. You will get my donation at the end of the week. Off to post on FB and Twitter. Good luck, hope we raise lots.

Donald

:cool: :::tu

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Dom

Thank you for letting us know about this. 

Karen

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
Gee, I thought I had pm'ed Donald on this, but it looks like I didn't, so I guess he didn't snub me after all lol :D
I am thinking that this might be a perfect example of what CROWDFUNDING is made for. I had never heard of Crowdfunding before, but I bought a WSO a while ago
Code: [Select]
http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/651404-2-5-million-one-day-only-beginning.html
There are 3 main sites he talks about:
kickstarter biggest not all accepted
gofundme all accepted
rockethub all accepted

Anyway, maybe have a look at the sites, worth a try, and it looks like big money can be made with the right story, and this story seems right!

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 08:02:11 AM »
Hi mlane,

I owe you a big apology. You did PM me last week. I was reading through the messages and "I'll leave that till later" scenario. I totally forgot. I have been only in and out of RRW recently not doing much. Had too many shifts to contend with and to be honest I wouldn't have been up to much help anyway.

Donald

Gee, I thought I had pm'ed Donald on this, but it looks like I didn't, so I guess he didn't snub me after all lol :D
I am thinking that this might be a perfect example of what CROWDFUNDING is made for. I had never heard of Crowdfunding before, but I bought a WSO a while ago
Code: [Select]
http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/651404-2-5-million-one-day-only-beginning.html
There are 3 main sites he talks about:
kickstarter biggest not all accepted
gofundme all accepted
rockethub all accepted

Anyway, maybe have a look at the sites, worth a try, and it looks like big money can be made with the right story, and this story seems right!

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »
No problem, not sure why, but when I went to my pm's I didn't see the one I sent you so assumed my lousy connection last week had something to do with it.  Otherwise I would never have put the snub remark in there lol  8)shh

I think this Crowdfunding is a great idea for charities.  When I bought product I didn't know what it was, (I had bought his Honey Badger toolbar course and liked that even though he wouldn't tell anyone what his WSO was about in the thread) but after I read it the light went on!

I think that with his/our IM skills, that it could be a real asset to our feathered RRW friend!

I can't really share a paid product, but if eagles12 or someone SENIOR will pm me,(that's not age, that is forum time lol) I think I could give him the run down.

valpubs

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »
I can't really share a paid product, but if eagles12 or someone SENIOR will pm me,(that's not age, that is forum time lol) I think I could give him the run down.

That would be Jim then, as he fits both sets of criteria !  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

( Sorry Jim  ::P )

djweb

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:22 AM »

I will third one !!

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »
Why not do a fundraising WSO?  I participated in one recently and I built a list as well!