Author Topic: CyberThreat Attacks Real Time  (Read 1098 times)

Offline mobear410

• Rocketing Through
    • View Profile
    • Ample Green Foundation
CyberThreat Attacks Real Time
« on: May 31, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »
Here is the link to Kaspersky's Real Time Threat Map https://cybermap.kaspersky.com There is others but this one loads the fastest for me in Waterfox.

There is a huge number of attacks & the number seems to be growing by the hour. I hope my web site & pages stays under the radar for these attacks. I am taking extreme measures for many of my websites & pages. What are you using for web design? I use wordpress and I use a variety of plugins for security. What do you use & what do you do to protect your sites? Are they all membership sites or do you have other types of sites? How do you protect them?

Thom aka mobear410

Thom Dickey, C.E.O. & Co Founder
http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
Re: CyberThreat Attacks Real Time
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »
The irony is the founder of Kaspersky was trained by the KGB and has admitted sharing information he has stolen from people's systems.

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:30 AM »
 :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Not really shocked with all rumpus about election rigging.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jim

The irony is the founder of Kaspersky was trained by the KGB and has admitted sharing information he has stolen from people's systems.

Offline PaluRainbowSong

• I like RRW and want to support it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 07:12:27 AM »
Are persons like myself who only have an XP or a Vista operating system at more risk of attacks than people with more modern computers?

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »
yes you are!  Because XP and Vista are no longer being supported by Microsoft.  Any exploits that Microsoft has found out about and fixed those running XP and Vista wont get the update for their system.  So it's easier for XP and Vista users to fall prey to the exploits of hackers.

Are persons like myself who only have an XP or a Vista operating system at more risk of attacks than people with more modern computers?

Offline PaluRainbowSong

• I like RRW and want to support it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
Is "RansomWare" still a threat or has it gone?  And are only people with out of date equipment, etc. targeted with that? Should a person like me just hope for the best and hope it never happens.... (don't know what else I could do)?

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 11:01:56 AM »
There have been ransware attacks for years.  It's not something that simply goes away, just like computer viruses.  People are constantly creating new ransomware and viruses, so you will always need to be vigilant.   The problem with the latest ransomware was what it did, hence the reason why they did the update for computer systems...hell they even did an update for windows vista solely for this ransomware.

Should a person like me just hope for the best and hope it never happens.... (don't know what else I could do)?

What you should do is make sure that your system is protected.  You have an older operating system that isnt being supported so you will always run the risk of some exploit being used on your system because it is no longer supported.  My suggestion is make some money online using one of the various means and either buy a newer system or at least buy the upgraded operating system.  I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I couldnt be happier personally.   

Here's a couple of articles to read

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/still-use-windows-xp-prepare-worst/

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/11/windows-vista-no-longer-supported-by-microsoft.html

Jerome

Is "RansomWare" still a threat or has it gone?  And are only people with out of date equipment, etc. targeted with that? Should a person like me just hope for the best and hope it never happens.... (don't know what else I could do)?