Author Topic: Deadly Spider just arrived  (Read 1259 times)

Offline mobear410

• Rocketing Through
    • View Profile
    • Ample Green Foundation
Deadly Spider just arrived
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:38:57 AM »
This was posted on my facebook  /thom.dickey and I wanted everyone that I know to be aware of this & to be sure to share with friends & family. This spider is more deadly that the brown spider.  It can take 2 or 3 days for the venom to work on a person. I attached the photo as well.

NEW POISONOUS SPIDER IN THE UNITED STATES

A spider bite...please read............ And you thought the brown recluse was bad!!!

Three women in North Florida , turned up at hospitals over a 5-day period, all with the same symptoms. Fever, chills, and vomiting, followed by muscular collapse, paralysis, and finally, death. There were no outward signs of trauma.

Autopsy results showed toxicity in the blood. These women did not know each other, and seemed to have nothing in common. It was discovered, however, that they had all visited the same Restaurant (Olive Garden) within days of their deaths.. The health department descended on the restaurant, shutting it down. The food, water, and air conditioning were all inspected and tested, to no avail.

The big break came when a waitress at the restaurant was rushed to the hospital with similar symptoms. She told doctors that she had been on vacation, and had only went to the restaurant to pick up her check. She did not eat or drink while she was there, but had used the restroom.

That is when one toxicologist, remembering an article he had read, drove out to the restaurant, went into the restroom, and lifted the toilet seat. Under the seat, out of normal view, was a small spider.

The spider was captured and brought back to the lab, where it was determined to be the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata), so named because of its reddened flesh color. This spider's venom is extremely toxic, but can take several days to take effect. They live in cold, dark, damp climates, and toilet rims provide just the right atmosphere.

Several days later a lawyer from Jacksonville showed up at a hospital emergency room. Before his death, he told the doctor, that he had been away on business, had taken a flight from Indonesia , changing planes in Singapore, before returning home. He did not visit (Olive Garden), while there. He did, as did all of the other victims, have what was determined to be a puncture wound, on his right buttock.

Investigators discovered that the flight he was on had originated in India .
The Civilian Aeronautics Board (CAB) ordered an immediate inspection of the toilets of all flights from India , and discovered the Two-Striped Telamonia (Telamonia dimidiata) spider's nests on 4 different planes!

It is now believed that these spiders can be anywhere in the country. So please, before you use a public toilet, lift the seat to check for spiders. It can save your life!

And please pass this on to everyone you care about

Thom Dickey, C.E.O. & Co Founder
http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline Korry

• View Profile
Re: Deadly Spider just arrived
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 04:53:56 AM »
Of course, if it's on internet, it must be true  :smiley:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/spiders/a/two_striped_telamonia.htm

;)

Offline mobear410

• Rocketing Through
    • View Profile
    • Ample Green Foundation
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:47:46 AM »
Of course, if it's on internet, it must be true  :smiley:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/spiders/a/two_striped_telamonia.htm

;)

So sorry everyone.  I guess I should have checked that site before I posted.  I got the facebook post from a good friend that used to check such things before they passed it on and like me I am so pressed for time I just didn't take the time to check it out.

mobear410
Thom Dickey, C.E.O. & Co Founder
http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »
I remember the original article, much funnier and the spider was called .... "the forwarded message warned of a dubious pest called Arachnius gluteus -- literally, "butt spider." :high5:

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »
Mobear,

Thank you for posting the "deadly spider" article.  While the article has since been identified as untrue (thanks mlane and Korry and UrbanLegends), it's nice to know you and the others are looking out for us.

Goodness knows I can't keep up with all that's out there on the Internet. So I'm glad to see this here.

Karen

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »
Really don't like spiders. Had one bit my right arm about 3 months ago and it swelled up like Popeye.

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
I do not like spiders but they are not as bad as snakes that is one animal  I can not deal with.
Bill Brooks    hillsborowd@gmail.com