Author Topic: Don't Cry For Me, Atgentina  (Read 1430 times)

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
Don't Cry For Me, Atgentina
« on: March 23, 2016, 01:24:23 AM »
I wanted to frame this post with an appropriate title.

The good news is I've recently had a cardiac stress test and all the main arteries around and in the heart are all working fine.  Big blessing #1.

Additionally, as suspected, a hearing test administered by a top professional proved - beyond a doubt - that I can't hear worth a darn. Following up on potential hearing aids. Cash is a challenge for me as it is for a lot of us, but the blessing is it can be corrected. And the county in which I live may have some resources to help with expenses. (It doesn't get much better than that!)

The most distressing for me is my vision. For the last six months it has seriously deteriorated at a pretty steady rate. I feared I was going blind so, of course, I put off an eye exam. Driving has been quite difficult as I'm slowly going blind.

Yesterday - on the way to the eye doctor - I completely blew through a red light (I never saw it until I was under it). Then later almost managed to run my car up onto a center median. My wife drove us home!!! I thank our higher power (in my case, God) that no one was hurt yesterday. It would have been a stain on my soul.

Again, the big blessing is that the diminishing vision is due to cataracts which can be corrected with surgery. Just wanted to let my peeps know what's going on, but not to be bummed out about it.

I see the eye surgeon on 4-11 for a consultation. Everybody tells me it's a fine operation - they just stick sharp objects in your eye, cut stuff out and insert a plastic implant. Oh, is that all? Another blessing - Mary Jane is legal here so I'm planning to show up for the surgery high as a kite. They'll ave to pull me down from the ceiling to get that sharp stick in my eye.

In the meantime, I'll keep reading my computer screen with my big-ass magnifying glass...Sherlock Holmes on the computer!!

Love to all the members here and I hope you all are doing as well or better than I am.-Magicman

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
Re: Don't Cry For Me, Atgentina
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:06:52 AM »
Great to see your sense of humour shining through all this MM.

If your heart is good what a great foundation for getting your other problems sorted.

I'll pray for your total healing in Jesus name.

Jim

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:21 AM »
The funny thing about avoiding something...when you finally deal with it, its never as bad as you feared.  Now you can fix things. 

Be Well

Jerome

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 11:23:11 AM »
Hey MM,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the ticker is ticking properly. Sorry about the cataracts. I hope & pray the surgery goes smoothly for ya.

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 12:36:47 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes, y'all. We all have speed bumps and boulders in our paths. Looks now like it'll all be OK in the end.

Hope your paths are smooth, the hills low, and the wind is always at your back.

As always, God bless us, every one. - MM

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 06:35:09 AM »
Well, MM, that's quite a list of recent happenings for you. I'm glad to know you got a good result on your cardiac test.

And as for the other things - just wow.  Thankfully, while they are challenges, there are solutions to fix/correct them.

I'll be thinking of you.

Karen

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 12:59:53 AM »
Hey Karen, Jim, Jerome, et al. Here's the latest -

Another hearing consultation on Tuesday. Cataract surgeries scheduled for 4/13 and 4/30 with progress appts for each eye 1 day, 1 week and 1 month out.

Hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll be good to go.

Thanks for all the good wishes. God bless us, every one.

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »
Hi MM,

I hope the procedures go smoothly for you. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 05:12:24 PM »
Hi MM

I concur with Marks post.  :cool:
Best wishes for an ultra speedy recovery.

Jim