Author Topic: eBay.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
eBay.
« on: October 13, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »
Hi,

I am convinced that if you are struggling to earn any cash, best place to start off with is eBay. I have been on eBay since goodness knows when...years. It was only this February this year I took it seriously. I bought a product that showed me how to source and buy out of print books. You then get to remove the prints from the book. You can mat/mount them if you wish and sell on eBay.

I have made a few bucks, nothing to retire on but certainly helps. planetscotiaprints is my ebay usename. Do a search of completed listings and you will see how many prints I sold. You can do the eBay thing along with your current marketing business.

Just my tuppemve worth.

Donald

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: eBay.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:57:43 AM »
No replies...I'm still convinced eBay is the way to start. I am now going to concentrate more on my eBay and leave product creation at the bottom of my to do list. I have nothing but bad vibes in the last week. It will stay at the bottom for another few weeks think. I have convinced Dom to do thhe same. I'm not sure if he has started yet...lol. I need to phone him, that's if he answers. Usually straight to answering machine...lol.

I'm off to get a parcel ready to send to the South of England....bought from my eBay I may add.

Regards

Donald

Offline PaulG2

• Sr Member
  • Business Marketing with New Media.
    • View Profile
    • Business Marketing with New Media
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »
Wouldn't product creation work well with ebay? I ask because I really don't have anything to sell on ebay. Now what I am still interested in is the public domain stuff. Is the print work you do made with public domain images?

The thing I didn't like about ebay is that loss of control and it feels as if they have all of these fees and regulations that could cut into my profit. I could see it as some sort of extension of my own store but as a primary way of making money I am not so sure.

Of course you have way more experience in ebay than I do so let me know if you think I am wrong.

Offline Simply Creative

• Sr Member
  • Delivering better pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »
I used to do the eBay thing eons ago and did pretty well with it.
I just got tired of going to the Post Office all the time.

I think they did away with intangibles didn't they? Too much piracy or something??

~Karen

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
I might have said the same thing a few months back. I bought a product that showed how to source original vintage prints. These date back to the 1800's. You source the book at the cheapest price possible remove the prints and sell on eBay. Easy as that. Won't make me millions but certainly helps me along. I am earning a few bucks each month. You would be surprised what you can earn.

Donald

Wouldn't product creation work well with ebay? I ask because I really don't have anything to sell on ebay. Now what I am still interested in is the public domain stuff. Is the print work you do made with public domain images?

The thing I didn't like about ebay is that loss of control and it feels as if they have all of these fees and regulations that could cut into my profit. I could see it as some sort of extension of my own store but as a primary way of making money I am not so sure.

Of course you have way more experience in ebay than I do so let me know if you think I am wrong.

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
While Ebay is a good place to start, I think amazon is an even better place to start.  The reason I say that is strictly when it comes to owning a store it costs to setup on ebay but on amazon you can start selling asap and dont have to pay anything until you sell something(actually the fee is taken out when the transaction takes place).  I needed money badly in 2010 and I weighed my options and went with Amazon since I didnt even have the money to start up the store on ebay.  The only bad thing is you have to wait 2 weeks before you get paid the first time with Amazon. 

Now with saying all of that, if you are selling things such as cds with products on them, Ebay is the way to go!  Ebay handles unique items better in that respect.  Now that you have made me think about, I need to look around my hard drive and create some cds to sell on ebay.  Dont forget to do it the right way...setup it up through a service like kunaki so its 99% hands free once you set up a product and sales page.  All you do is send kunaki a payment monthly for what they distributed for you.  That's just my suggestion!

Kayden

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 02:38:18 PM »
I have never listen that we can earn money via ebay. But if ebay giving a plat form to earn money, that is awesome strategy. Can you share more info how we can earn via ebay. Because i visit ebay many times just for buy products.

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
If you are a gold member there are several products in the gold member section that covers ebay.
Bill Brooks    hillsborowd@gmail.com