Author Topic: I want to insert a video  (Read 1692 times)

Offline baker123

• Do You Remember The Time ?
    • View Profile
    • Fire Your Boss
I want to insert a video
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »
Hi Guys,
I want to insert videos in my posts in my blogs
I am looking for plugins to do it,
any suggestion please ?

All The Best,

KB

Before success comes in any man's life, he's sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That's exactly what the majority of men do.
Napoleon Hill

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
Re: I want to insert a video
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:40:01 PM »
Hey KB,

Here's one that works pretty good:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/

Thanks,
Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline amgreen50

• View Profile
    • Internet Marketing Resources
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
Just wondering...

Would it be better to host videos on your webhost? Or upload them to a channel on youtube and link to them?
Those files can be BIG!  :thinking:

--Cheers
Alan

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:16:09 AM »
The answer is ...it depends!  Some things to consider...youtube pays you once you have 1 million total views (for a particular youtube profile)...bandwidth usage (do you have one of those hosting accounts that will shut you down for too much bandwidth usage and you not even know it?)...hosting storage (what's your total storage capacity and how many videos do you plan to have on your site(s)?)

Jerome

Offline mobear410

• Rocketing Through
    • View Profile
    • Ample Green Foundation
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »
RRW has some good links.  If you do a product search for video plugin I found a lot of files using those keywords so here is the ones that stand out the most.

Video Analytics Plugin
Featured Video Plus
Video Skins Pro
Using Video on Your Websites

These are just 4 of the many plugins or instructions to embedding video on your website. Hope this helps.

mobear410
Thom Dickey, C.E.O. & Co Founder
http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline mobear410

• Rocketing Through
    • View Profile
    • Ample Green Foundation
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Just wondering...

Would it be better to host videos on your webhost? Or upload them to a channel on youtube and link to them?

--Cheers
Alan

RRW has the following
Amazon S3 How To Videos

Hope this helps.  ;C
Thom Dickey, C.E.O. & Co Founder
http://www.amplegreenfoundation.com

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »
actually it looks like he was trying to make a decision of which direction to go not how to do it.

Just wondering...

--Cheers
Alan

RRW has the following
Amazon S3 How To Videos

Hope this helps.  ;C

Offline amgreen50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »
actually it looks like he was trying to make a decision of which direction to go not how to do it.

Just wondering...

--Cheers
Alan

RRW has the following
Amazon S3 How To Videos

Hope this helps.  ;C

Thanks for the input guys.

Yes..that was what I was wondering, Jerome..which would be the best way to do it. What do you think of this plan: host the videos on youtube as private and embed them on the page I want to use them on..then later possibly make them public as views increase. My thought was to use them as content enhancement primarily, then later some links in the description to the website to draw traffic.

I have never used youtube or videos before..trying to figure out how to implement them into my efforts.

Thanks again! Any thoughts or advice is most welcome!

--Alan

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:32 AM »
Alan
  My suggestion, make the videos public and use them for content enhancement (i.e. embedding them on your blog).  If you have them embedded on your blog, they can still click the view on youtube button.  Also I dont believe you can embed a private video on your personal page, I know you can embed an unlisted one. When you put a video up on youtube you have a description section, that is where you would put any details (including links).  As I have said before youtube will pay you once you have 1 million total views on your channel so why not start getting views now?

Jerome

Yes..that was what I was wondering, Jerome..which would be the best way to do it. What do you think of this plan: host the videos on youtube as private and embed them on the page I want to use them on..then later possibly make them public as views increase. My thought was to use them as content enhancement primarily, then later some links in the description to the website to draw traffic.

I have never used youtube or videos before..trying to figure out how to implement them into my efforts.

--Alan

Offline amgreen50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:02:32 PM »
Alan
  My suggestion, make the videos public and use them for content enhancement (i.e. embedding them on your blog).  If you have them embedded on your blog, they can still click the view on youtube button.  Also I dont believe you can embed a private video on your personal page, I know you can embed an unlisted one. When you put a video up on youtube you have a description section, that is where you would put any details (including links).  As I have said before youtube will pay you once you have 1 million total views on your channel so why not start getting views now?

Jerome

--Alan

Thanks Jerome

I think I will give it a shot and see what happens! Doesn't hurt to try something new..

--Cheers

Alan