Author Topic: If you have a healthly Back  (Read 1486 times)

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
If you have a healthly Back
« on: June 20, 2013, 08:19:45 AM »
If you have a healthly body protect it.  As when I was young and dumb I did some real dumb stuff and I am paying for it. I bent down a couple days ago and my back went and I can not hardy move that includes it hurts to even breath. I am so much pain I can not sleep. Can not take enough med to make the pain go away liveing on heat and ice and very little help. Having to lay down most of the time as no choice. Usually after one day it clams down and goes away but on day 4 and hurts as much as day one. So Take care of your body and it will take care of you. Do not be like me.

Bill Brooks    hillsborowd@gmail.com

Offline joesal

• The interent is a long and winding road
    • View Profile
    • Best Article Directory
Re: If you have a healthly Back
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:25:28 AM »
Hey hope you feel better soon. My back has gone out before and I know you just cant explain how uncomfortable you are to other people.

It sucks getting old..... :laugh: I have an arthritic shoulder and doctor says only option is surgery. But I don't like the knife so I live with it. It sure is painful though.

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm sorry you guys have to suffer with back pain. I hope the pain subsides for you two!

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline Simply Creative

• Sr Member
  • Delivering better pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »
Great advice Bill!

I'm sure sorry you and Joe suffer like this on a daily basis.

Constant pain can really wear a person down so it's encouraging
to see you fellas "keep on keeping on" & doing what you can in spite of it.  :::tu

~Karen

Offline Craig Brodie-Browne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:14:46 AM »
I can sympathise fully with the back pain...I have narrowing disc spaces in the lower part of my spine which give me a constant dull ache...but every now and then I get sciatica too...

plus at the moment I'm undergoing physio on both of my knees due to agravated hamstring and quad muscle attachments around the knees. (already had arthroscopies to both to remove cartilage and drain fluid)

Had a quaterzone injection several weeks ago for tenis elbow, but so far no relief from that. (makes surfing traffic exchanges hard work with the mouse)

Oh...and not forget the neck and shoulder pain possibly caused from tooooooo much pc time...right shoulder constantly clicking and I have to constant crack the neck joints...a noise my wife hates  :laugh:

All this at the ripe old age of 40  :shocked2:

Impact sports when I was younger and prolonged pc use...keep these at a minimum and you should all be just dandy  ;C

Regards
Craig

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:12 PM »
Thank you all as you see make sure you take care of your self as I really hate myself for getting hurt and today is one of my better days as I only hut a little with the pills and heat and Ice. But Please if you healthly do everything you can to keep your self healthy as it not worth it to live in your golden years the way I am

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 01:33:39 AM »
To all you guys and gals living with pain....as they say in sports (and in the hood), I feel ya. And I love that all of us in pain keep on keeping on.

Pains...I've got a few, but, then again, too few to mention...

Random subject change warning. I feel bad about James Gandolphini ("Tony Soprano"). Coulda been me. Shouda been me. 8 cardiac stents later - with no heart attacks - and I'm still rockin'.

I read a phrase once that said everybody deserves a medal just for getting through the day. Close to the mark.

Random subject change warning. I guess we can all feel for the Wounded Warriors service members of any western country who came home with incredible lifelong pain. Heroes, all. (BTW, I don't give one rat's butt for a wounded Taliban terrorist.)

Shout out to all former service members in the HOUSE. God bless you all. -MM

Maybe I shouldn't get online late at night .....??????

Offline Donald

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »
Get well soon you guys. I do get back pain on occasion,sciatica. Very painful. Tell you to keep on the move. fortunately haven't had any for quite some time.

Donald

Offline valexer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »
If you have a healthly body protect it.  As when I was young and dumb I did some real dumb stuff and I am paying for it. I bent down a couple days ago and my back went and I can not hardy move that includes it hurts to even breath. I am so much pain I can not sleep. Can not take enough med to make the pain go away liveing on heat and ice and very little help. Having to lay down most of the time as no choice. Usually after one day it clams down and goes away but on day 4 and hurts as much as day one. So Take care of your body and it will take care of you. Do not be like me.

Isn't it osteoporosis? I guess that it's best to take a professional look at it because the pain would not go away. It'll come and go and it's gonna be a cycle. A string pain killer could be your friend but it has also disastrous side effects in the long run. I'm suspecting you have compression fractures in your lumbar vertebra or something. I feel bad for you mate.

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 02:27:27 PM »
Pain meds are my friend to a point but let me tell you they only good for a while and yes I have bad disk in the upper and the lower back and also am loaded with arthritis. No fun at all and I wish I knew this 40 years ago I sure wouldn't of fone this.