Author Topic: singers not actors  (Read 3588 times)

Mei

singers not actors
« on: November 11, 2008, 02:02:50 AM »
Most people never really find their talent. Some singers are trying to engage in acting although they really can not act. i think that it is very awkward and that they should just stick to their singing career. what so you think?

sanju123

Re: singers not actors
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »
 There are lot of singers who have jumped into movies, but they are real pain as actors.Though they come to realize that they are not cut out to be actors but only after torturing us with their horrible movies.

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »
Hi Guys

It can also happen in reverse.

Actors becoming singers.

eg Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan

Jim

dreamr802

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
I agree, if you are good at one thing and are making good money with it why jump into something that you are awful at!?  Plus that could end up damaging your career as a singer before you went into acting.

Mei

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:34:03 AM »
I agree, if you are good at one thing and are making good money with it why jump into something that you are awful at!?  Plus that could end up damaging your career as a singer before you went into acting.

yes. and i think that if you are good in acting, you should just focus on that and if you are a good singer, then stick to it. but i think some are just not contented with what they have.

ContentWriter

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »
Really, the singers who have great stage presence
are in a way acting out the song.

To really entertain during a song you need to reach
down inside and feel the emotion portrayed by the
lyrics and project that emotion in time to the music.

~Karen

trebor

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
I remember I sang in public once, when I finished singing this guy came up to me and said with a voice like yours, you should be on a stage! I said really, he said really and if your hurry you'll catch it before it leaves from outside of the salon in five minutes. Ye Ha

trebor

ContentWriter

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »
 :laugh:

My mother-in-law said her Pastor once told
her that she carried a tune really well...

...it was unloading it that gave her trouble!

~Karen

~Karen

Stage presence improvement for those who want to be a singer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
What is it that sets apart the average singer from the memorable entertainer?

It's Stage Presence.

This is the one secret, or more accurately, the extra touch of "giftedness" that can make, or break a musical career.

Some questions you may have...

What is stage presence, exactly?

Is a person born with it?

Are they doomed to failure if it doesn't come naturally?

Can it be learned?

Can it be improved?

Isn't it enough to just have a great voice?

There really are no quick and easy answers to most of these questions. If you somehow feel short-changed as a performer, then it will take diligent study of those who have made it into the limelight. That, and many, seemingly endless hours of dedicated practice to shed some light of hope on your future.

There's also no way to sugar coat the truth: it's not going to be easy. Trying to fit into the Music Industry is not for the faint of heart. You will hear opinions and, maybe even some truths that can crush your spirit if you're not prepared for it. Your family and friends may think you're the next Mariah Carey, or Elvis. But the fact remains: it's not the kind words which will help you to reach your goals. In reality, it is the criticism; not always kind either, which will mold you into the best you can be. That is, if you DON'T let it break you and you're willing and able to use it to your own advantage.

For the record (no pun intended), I'll answer the last question right now. NO, it's NOT enough to have a great voice. Because, no matter how well you think you can sing; you'll always run into someone who will make you sound awful in comparison.

I'm not telling you this to be mean. It's simply the truth. Carry around a healthy dose of humility, and it will work wonders for you!

Remember this important point as you progress...
Do your hard work off of the stage.
Once you step in front of your audience, your job is to have nothing but the best time of your life.
...and share that energy and fun!

GeorgeDawson

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 06:09:17 AM »
If an actor sings good, why not sing?
Same goes for singers:)