Author Topic: US Government shutdown?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
US Government shutdown?
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
I have been reading about the US Government shutdown, and actually in a bit of a panic myself because unless I get an EIN before Oct 25 Amazon will stop selling my books (and anyone else with out a number) I had been trying since Sept 22, but never got through and now, who knows?
Anyone here been affected by it? I see that the people who are doing all the BS are in no fear that they will not get their paycheque, but the little guys, well, I guess it is tough luck for them. 

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
Re: US Government shutdown?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »
What exactly is stopping you from getting an EIN?

I have been reading about the US Government shutdown, and actually in a bit of a panic myself because unless I get an EIN before Oct 25 Amazon will stop selling my books (and anyone else with out a number) I had been trying since Sept 22, but never got through and now, who knows?
Anyone here been affected by it? I see that the people who are doing all the BS are in no fear that they will not get their paycheque, but the little guys, well, I guess it is tough luck for them.

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:04:22 AM »
 I have been calling the dedicated department in Philadelphia for us foreigners, and I get the message: The IRS offices are closed due to government shutdown.

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
Sorry about your EIN Mary.   I know that's frustrating.  ;;:B

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »
Can't you do the online EIN registration? 

I have been calling the dedicated department in Philadelphia for us foreigners, and I get the message: The IRS offices are closed due to government shutdown.

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 02:44:36 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately as a Canadian that option is not available to me.

From Amazon KDP support forum  "It provides the option of filling it out on-line, but if you are not an American and do not have an ITIN, you cannot complete the form online. " and from the IRS site:  "The business location must be within the United States or U.S. territories".

BUT, I hear that people are getting through on Skype (!) so will be bumping my Skype up to paid and trying that in the next week. 

Offline Simply Creative

• Sr Member
  • Delivering better pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »