Author Topic: Wanted to send a quick note ...  (Read 4081 times)

Offline ASUService

• Harley's & Jack Daniels! God's gift to man!
    • View Profile
    • GoMobile Marketing USA - Mobile Advertising Solutions
Wanted to send a quick note ...
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:47:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Been away for a while now because we've been really busy with the holidays, of course, but also we've been working on buying a new house. If only we could buy a few extra hours each day, huh?  ;D

The house closed yesterday so now the work REALLY starts. We have a couple small remodeling things to do and as always the cleaning, painting and so on! On one hand I'm excited about it but on the other I'm frazzled to say the least. We actually wont be moving until after the New Year but the mentioned items and trying to run a business will be taxing my time to say the least.

That all said I just wanted to wish everyone a terrific holiday. I'll try to drop in when I can but I don't expect to have a lot of time for at least a month ... maybe six weeks.

To those who are having a hard time pushing on with their businesses. Keep Going ... it will come around. I am a testiment to that! It hasn't been easy and it's taken time but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

This recent house will be our home but we have not had to sell our other houses to do it ... we now have two rentals. So you see the tenacity has paid off and even launched income streams outside of the web. Keep pushing on and success will come your way.

Happy Holidays To All!

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted to send a quick note ...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »
HI Mike,

Well, happy new home again!  Congratulations on your new accomplishment.

Oh man, you really do have your work cut out for you...but it will be so worth it, as you know.

Thank you for the encouragement.  It's really nice to know we have a lot to look forward to and that we can accomplish good things if we just stick with it.

Karen

valpubs

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »
Congrats Mike

All the best for the festive season and 2010 - speak to you on the other side

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 04:27:33 AM »
Hi Everyone,
Been away for a while now because we've been really busy with the holidays, of course, but also we've been working on buying a new house. If only we could buy a few extra hours each day, huh?  ;D

The house closed yesterday so now the work REALLY starts. We have a couple small remodeling things to do and as always the cleaning, painting and so on! On one hand I'm excited about it but on the other I'm frazzled to say the least. We actually wont be moving until after the New Year but the mentioned items and trying to run a business will be taxing my time to say the least.

That all said I just wanted to wish everyone a terrific holiday. I'll try to drop in when I can but I don't expect to have a lot of time for at least a month ... maybe six weeks.

To those who are having a hard time pushing on with their businesses. Keep Going ... it will come around. I am a testiment to that! It hasn't been easy and it's taken time but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

This recent house will be our home but we have not had to sell our other houses to do it ... we now have two rentals. So you see the tenacity has paid off and even launched income streams outside of the web. Keep pushing on and success will come your way.

Happy Holidays To All!

Mike

Great to hear from you.

Many congratulations on your real estate empire.

If the real estate becomes as successful as your virtual estate, 2010 will be even more rewarding.

Enjoy your holiday season.

Jim

Offline ASUService

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Just dropped in while I had a few minutes ... We're finally moving in this weekend. Man, trying to handle the holidays, work, and the house has kicked my rump to say the least. Most of Christmas was unwrapped then put right back in the box. Well, that's IF it even came out of the box! lololol

The work is far from over because as soon as we get the house we're in empty it'll be time to get it ready to rent. More painting and clean up ARGH!!!!! I think it's time to consider a house cleaning service and a painter!!!! I told my SO ... NO MORE PROJECTS until at least 2015!!!!  :o

I hope everyone had a great holiday season!!!!

I'll drop in as time allows!                                                                                                                                   

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 05:34:08 AM »
Great to hear from you Mike.

It sounds that it is time for you to get the contractors in for your decorating etc.

If you do the math(s) it will be a good investment. ::!::
 :dollar:
Best regards

Jim

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
Hi Mike,

I'm glad to see you came up for air for a bit.

You've certainly been busy. Whew, I got worn out just reading it!  ;D

Karen

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 09:24:34 AM »
Hey Mike,

Thanks for stopping by! I hope the move is going well for you!

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 11:59:22 PM »
Hi Mike -- good luck with everything.  If you want to find a great contractor (cleaning, painting, etc), try Servicemagic.com to get in contact with pre-screened local contractors.  Just pop on the web site  *type* and save yourself time, trouble and potential heartache (with no cost to you). :cool:

(FYI - I won't personally get anything out of this and, as you can see, no affiliate link.) - Magicman  ;;D

Offline ASUService

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »
Thanks everyone ... your kind words are appreciated.

Jim & Magicman,
I agree 100%! Time is a major commodity and I sure could spend mine better working on some potential cash generation.

Sadly, we have had a couple situations where the contractor either didn't do a very good job or managing them took more time and effort than actually doing it ourselves. As a result we're a little gun shy and having trouble deciding is it better to hire/delegate or just get it done ourselves. Honestly tho' the problem contractors have been fewer than the good ones ... we do try to keep that in mind.

Needless to say we will Get 'er Done one way or another and the end result will be fabulous!!!!  ;C

I hope you don't mind ... I wanted to show off our new home a bit ....

http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=554496&x=86&y=19

This is the agents sales page so you're seeing it as we first did.

We liked it so much as is, that we're only changing the colors of a few rooms and the front room now has a Olhausen Niagara Pool Table ... my girlfriends idea LOL! We're not formal dining room people!

Next week the patio will be expanded, the deck moved and a patio cover will be going in. That wraps up the major changes other than furniture and just making it "ours".

I'll be taking over the upstairs. The room with the balcony will be my office and the other upper bedroom wil be what my girlfriend affectionately calls "The Man Cave"  8) and the pic labeled "Recreation Room" will be what I affectionately call " Mama's Den"!!!!

Thanks for letting me ramble on a bit!

valpubs

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 04:48:30 PM »
That's a cool pad Mike!

Love that bonus room's balcony!

Hot tub area somewhere out back at some time?

Just on a business front - did the realtor have a web presence / affiliate program?

You might have been able to buy through that and then get paid to buy your own house!

Anyways - I hope you have many wonderful years there - good job

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 06:12:54 PM »
Man, Mike, that's some place!

You did good.

Thanks for letting us see it. 

Karen

Offline Jim Burney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 05:56:54 AM »
Mike, Mike, Mike...................

http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=554496&x=86&y=19

reminds me of my shed, 

Me jealous *?* *?* *?*

No way Mike, congrats on getting hold of a great pad and letting us view it.

Who is proud as punch now then *?* *?* *?*  ;) ;) ;)

Regards

Jim

Offline ASUService

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 04:46:15 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth didn't ya'?  ;D

Nope, no such luck but I am sure beat to hell and back! Of course the "small" remodels mentioned in my last message grew and grew to the point one person couldn't manage but I tried and dang near killed myself. I fought going with additional contractors because of the issues I had before but finally had to break down and bite the bullet. Thankfully things really started getting done then .. guess I just had to retain project management so it would flow in a timely manner.

Hard to believe but we're still not 100% moved. Thankfully, there's only the hot tub and most of the garage to go. Neither can be done until we clear some of the stuff out of the new garage and finish the backyard remodel. Sooooo ... I get a breather for a couple weeks.  :cool:

Regarding the house ... it is FINALLY coming together and we're not living out of boxes and suitcases any more. I do have one last remodel of the master bedroom closet to finish and that will put the "living" arrangements to bed. Now to just figure out where to hang pictures and all of that decorating stuff!  :nail:

If I can be so bold as to offer some advice to all of you ...

1: NEVER moved over the holidays or bad weather season ... I didn't want to but stuff happened!
2: Get the remodeling done BEFORE you try to move!!!!
3: NEVER leave contractors to their own devices! They'll just tick ya' off!!!!!

Thankfully I learned some good lessons with regard to outsourcing that I can apply to my IM efforts. I've never been a pushy type and always let contractors do their jobs. We'll, it's become very obvious that you need to retain a "motivator" attitude to keep the work flowing smoothly.

I hope to be in the forum more often soon. Sure miss ya'll and look forward to contributing again!

promomxr

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »
Glad to have ya back Mike!