Author Topic: WarriorForum is no longer free to join!  (Read 3777 times)

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
WarriorForum is no longer free to join!
« on: November 01, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Hey Everyone

Just found this post on the warrior forum. 

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/704547-wf-no-longer-free-join.html

What does this mean?  You can still buy products from the warriorforum without being a member but you can no longer leave posts if you are not a paid member.  "costs $10 bucks to join or alternatively, just go for the War Room membership at $37. Done to reduce the amount of spammer accounts being registered every day."  ~ sbucciarel  Trust me pay the $37 if you arent already a member.  It is definitely worth it!  I have made a nice profit from the warriorforum!

Smiley

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
Re: WarriorForum is no longer free to join!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »
I would agree that it be worth it if you could sell on there without such a high cost but if the cost to sell is what it use to be then I not sure.
As people like me on a budget that you really cannot live on  and of an age that you can not get a job. It is totally bad. If you can afford it and make up the money selling it great. I know there are a lot of people that just can not afford the money up front.  One thing I do know is that I wish I could help more people so they are not like me.
Bill Brooks    hillsborowd@gmail.com

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Several things you need to think about if you are concerned about the cost.  1 how much are you going to sell your product for? 2 How many will have to be sold before I break even? 3 How many affiliates do you have?  4 How many affiliate sales will I need to break even? 5 How marketable is your product?  I have done 3 wsos on the warrior forum and they have all made money over the $40 posting fee.

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
Yes $40.00 posting fee and $37.00 to join so there you go you almost doubled your cost. Like I said I didn't doubt but it the thing that you have to take into considering. Yes you may not make it the first product but I look at it this way. You have to plan for all the cost being made up on the first product or you go more into the hole. The second product puts deeper in the hole. Yes you plan on making money on every product if everything   goes right but if for some reason it doesn't and you do not cover the cost including the time creating the product. As time is money and if you do not allow anything for your time you're losing in the long run. So this is why I am saying for a lot of people this $37.00 really hurts. And do not get me wrong I understand the reasoning on charging for it. The System administrators want to get paid for their time to clean up span and to discourage it. But it may also lose some customers.

Offline mlane

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 04:15:29 PM »
Just another money grab, IMHO.  I joined years ago, and have had successful (sorta) WSO,s but so many of the WSO's that are coming out now are awful, and the comments are so fawning - and if they are not - the unhappy ones are often banned - that I have lost all faith in the forum.  I don't buy WSO's any more, but of course, use the RRW ones because they seem to be useful most of the time.

But what does Allen mean here: " I've slowly snapped to what basically killed a certain other once huge forum".  Which forum was that do you think?  DigitalPoint?

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »
its not a money grab but a way to stop the spammer bots that are on there.  Trust me I manage 3 wsos and at times we got some weird posts from spammer bots.  There are actually some good wsos out there.  I met my business partner because of his wsos!  I own most of his products and we have done 3 wsos together.  People get banned from the forum for violating the rules.  I got a guy banned a few weeks ago because he was posting negative comments about the product without buying it (which is against the rules) then tried to blackmail the op into getting the product at a lower price then he would delete his negative comments.  People can still buy wsos without paying for the membership, they just cant post.

Just another money grab, IMHO.  I joined years ago, and have had successful (sorta) WSO,s but so many of the WSO's that are coming out now are awful, and the comments are so fawning - and if they are not - the unhappy ones are often banned - that I have lost all faith in the forum.  I don't buy WSO's any more, but of course, use the RRW ones because they seem to be useful most of the time.

But what does Allen mean here: " I've slowly snapped to what basically killed a certain other once huge forum".  Which forum was that do you think?  DigitalPoint?

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

Well I can testify to the fact that when you run a forum it is a continual fight to keep out spam.  It never stops ...

Mark
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

Offline Jim Burney

• The Lord is my Shepherd-I Shall not Want
    • View Profile
    • Beginners Guide To Internet Marketing
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
Average of 20000+ users on line at any one time on the WF.

Must be one heck of a job dealing with spam.

Jim

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
I have to agree with the spam fight is bad for sure. I know this but by charging for member is not the total answer as there is other ways to  stop spanning.  Like I said I think they just want to get paid to to deal with running the forum. 

alsmith

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
BTW, this is just my opinion. I always wondered when it would come to this....

Good move on the part of forum admin. Although I am not active there, I have been a member since 2007. I joined the actual private War Room in 2009 and never regretted it. I pop in from time to time just to download some freebies from the War Room members.

The Warrior Forum is specifically for Internet Marketers and so you will find all types of people there, not all of them honest. But a forum that huge has to have some control and a paid membership was a foregone conclusion long ago, I don't know why they put up with all the difficulty for so long.

The Forum fee is worth every bit of the $10.00 you spend if you use the forum at all. And the War Room fee is a no brainer if you are in the business. Here is a post I made about that a few years ago and it has only got better since then.

------------------------------------
Re: Is the WAR ROOM worth it? -- http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/157251-war-room-worth-2.html#post1523248

ME:

It is so worth it!

Anyone still sitting on the fence . . .

Let's put it this way. There is no way to explain how good this is.

But I'll try to explain it this way.

You walk in to a party and pay a cover charge of $37.00.

While you are in there, you pick up $1000.00 off the floor and put it in your pocket.

Was it worth going in?

And next time you go in, there is no more cover charges.

But you still leave with another bunch of money.

That's how it is for me. . . .

Al Smith
--------------------------------

Like I said, just my two cents, but it is so worth it.

Al

Offline hillsborowd

• Sr Member
  • Best Forum to be In
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
Al,

I really like your explanation and you did not really see me ever say it not worth it but then I like many that are working do not have that cash to join. Then if you want to sell you double its plus and pray that your product is good enough to make back the cost and more so you  get enough to do another product. You know when you put a product out there you're expecting that it is good enough to make you the money but the bid Butt... What if  doesn't? To say it is to stop spam not a justified reason.  If people say we need to get paid to do this and make a better base that would be fine. They could also add in that it would help keep the spam down. To come out and say we are charging to stop spam is totally wrong. Yes it is the idea of it. I one day may be able to deal with the cost but I just like people to be up front and not beat around the bush. Hi the Warrior is a very valuable forum and charging is not a total surprise. It is a wonder Mark does not charge for this as the info here is very valuable. I know I think differently than others but I tell you I just me.     

alsmith

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »
Al,

I really like your explanation and you did not really see me ever say it not worth it but then I like many that are working do not have that cash to join. Then if you want to sell you double its plus and pray that your product is good enough to make back the cost and more so you  get enough to do another product. You know when you put a product out there you're expecting that it is good enough to make you the money but the bid Butt... What if  doesn't? To say it is to stop spam not a justified reason.  If people say we need to get paid to do this and make a better base that would be fine. They could also add in that it would help keep the spam down. To come out and say we are charging to stop spam is totally wrong. Yes it is the idea of it. I one day may be able to deal with the cost but I just like people to be up front and not beat around the bush. Hi the Warrior is a very valuable forum and charging is not a total surprise. It is a wonder Mark does not charge for this as the info here is very valuable. I know I think differently than others but I tell you I just me.      

Hi Bill.

I can appreciate everything you are saying. This will definitely keep many of the people who cannot afford the membership fee out of the forum. Every time there is a product price shift upwards, you take some of the people out of the market.

The Warrior Forum has many income producing strategies in place and having it freely open to as many people as possible just increased the potential business.

The $10 fee is minimal and it is necessary to pay only if you want to post and interact. You can still freely access all of the forum posts and information except the private membership areas to learn the business. And, you don't have to pay anything else unless you want to get into their special offers section with a product.

As you have already stated, there are probably many ways to deal with spam on a forum. And many of them would be labour intensive and cost the forum management money to provide.

Charging for membership is just one of the ways to do this and that model is the one they chose.

They chose to make money instead of lose money, that is all. The explanation holds water. Could there be ulterior motives? Yes, probably. There usually is. But that is for them to decide, not us.

They own the rights to the forum and do not have to tell us all of their reasons for operating the way they do. Welcome to the business world. I know it upsets you, but companies frequently put spins on explanations.

Fighting spammers, bots and hackers probably costs plenty, and I do not know this for sure, but probably Mark would be the only one here that would have any idea how much time and money it would take to keep a large, active forum safe and available to us.

And... you are right, there is so much information here, that Mark should consider charging for the membership here to help with the tremendous investment to keep it safe from not just spammers but hackers with malicious intent. This a great place for us to come and discuss business strategy and in general, just talk. All for free. I do really appreciate every ounce of effort he packs into this place.

I was part of a large free forum several years ago run by Mark Farmer. Over the years, he had grown that forum into a super place to discuss self improvement and business topics. He put his heart and soul into that place. Everything was free.

Thousands of members and posts, and a very active forum membership. You may have heard of it, the Total Life Success Forum. It was gone overnight. Malicious hackers had gotten control and took it over totally. It was unsalvageable. What a loss. For the owner Mark Farmer, for the members and for the people who just came for information.

As of this writing, there is still nothing on that domain. What a waste.

As for the Warrior Forum, I do not judge others for doing what they do, especially if I haven't walked in their shoes. The value is there, just as it is here.

What I do know is that every moment I get emotional and spend trying to figure out why people do what they do, is time away from my business, and that has a cost to it. This is a wonderful place to meet and discuss business, thanks to Mark and the mods, I hope it is here for us for a long, long time.

Al

valpubs

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »
Good post Al

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
Al I love your response.  As someone who has launched wsos and been a moderator on another forum I like the idea of only members being able to post on threads.  It really does cut out on the garbage.  Plus as thread owners we dont have the ability to delete other people's comments so we have to go to moderators to do that, which becomes a time intensive thing for the moderators(on top of everything else they have to do).   Bill you might not like how they have handled things but as the saying goes...if you want to play, gotta pay!  As far as being concerned about if your product isnt a hit, I focus on the positives and dont worry about the negatives, besides there are always ways to make money even from a product flop!

I'm working on my first solo wso as we speak.  I'm looking forward to it!

Jerome

Offline snginc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 01:52:31 PM »
Thanks for your response!  I love the War Room!  Talk about a gold mine!  Thanks Al!   

For those who are concerned about not making a profit when you do a wso....check out what was just added WSO Knockout!  http://resell-rights-weekly.com/SP/11_2012/WSOKnockout/

I'm about to review it myself and see how it is.  I've already launched 3 wsos but I know I can always learn a thing or 3 more!