Author Topic: Which path do you walk?  (Read 652 times)

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
Which path do you walk?
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:58 PM »
Hey RRW Family!
   Recently I had to send a message to Mark because I found a site that using a branded RRW product in an illegal manner.  Why anyone would do this is beyond me.  I reviewed the material.  On page 2 it says:

NOTICE: You Do NOT Have the Right to Reprint or Resell this Report!

You Also MAY NOT Give Away, Sell or Share the Content Herein

In other words...this is personal use only rights material!  Yet this person was freely violating this rule.   

This reminds me of the thread about personal use rights http://resell-rights-weekly.com/forum/yourrrwmembership/personal-use-rights-9608/msg64495/#msg64495 personal rights mean you and only you have access to the material.  Which means you cant put it on any website...even if its only for you to look at.  Remember sites can and do get indexed by google!

Regardless of the reason why...ignorance is NOT a defense...it just starts a whole set of questions, but the most important one "What else is this person doing illegally with Mark's or anyone else's stuff?" 

By illegally sharing this product he isnt just giving himself a bad name...he's also giving Mark a bad name (the product is branded with RRW information on it).    How?  Because of the appearance of Mark being in league with this license abuser.  We all know Mark is innocent but appearances are important!  Don't believe me? How many reputation management or reputation repair products are there in the membership?

Needless to say I walk the path of obeying product creator's licenses (I'm a product creator myself) and I help Mark out when it looks like a license isnt being used properly or if I simply have a question about a license.  When in doubt..asked someone. 

For the person who is violating Mark's products...I hope you read this and do the right thing.

Which path do you walk?

Jerome

Offline magicman

• SR Member
    • View Profile
    • Business Building for Small Business
Re: Which path do you walk?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:04:45 AM »
Jerome - As far as I am concerned, I'm walking the path with you, my friend. It's the only path. Great work on detecting this nefarious activity. Let's all be on the lookout for miscreants.

(Nice to throw my lot in with you and Mark and get to stretch my vocabulary of words for bad people.)

MM

Offline snginc

• Nothing is impossible to an open mind!
    • View Profile
Re: Which path do you walk?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 07:58:42 AM »
MM...I've always wanted to use nefarious myself!  :cool: I have been a member of RRW for years and I take things personally when it comes to the membership and this forum.  You all are like family to me and I do what I can to protect my family!

Jerome