Poll

PMC Sites: Ebay Affiliate Ads or Not?

Yes, keep the eBay affiliate ads in the PMC sites!
9 (50%)
No, get rid of the eBay affiliate ads!
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Quickie Poll For PMC Sites: Ebay or No eBay?  (Read 7065 times)

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quickie Poll For PMC Sites: Ebay or No eBay?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »
Hi Guys,

Currently all you have to do is input your eBay affiliate id in the config file, and the eBay affiliate ads with your id shows up on the sites. How would you guys feel about having the ebay ads code put into a separate file? The sites would be structured so that they "pull" the eBay section into the page. Here's why I think this may be a good solution:

If you want to keep the eBay ads on your sites, you don't have to do anything but go to that 1 file and input your eBay affiliate id.

If you do not want the eBay affiliate ads then all you have to do is go to that 1 file and delete the contents.

I believe this is the best solution for keeping everyone happy. Your opinion?

Mark

As always Mark, common sense prevails.

This does seem to be the best solution (maybe I am biased since 40% of my income comes from EBAY). I do recognize that for some topics it could be more appropriate to offer products from other sources (PDC, CB, PJ, or CJ).

How about switching it up - have the off the shelf install default to no ebay ads. Then we could have a file that we can input the code for affiliate program of choice and then simply turn it on by updatting one file.

Just my 2 cents

John Getson

John

Hi  ::P and  :welcome: to RRW. 

I don't remember if I said "hi" to you before.

I like the way you think with your suggestion re: how to handle ebay files.

Thank you.

Karen

Offline Mark Austin

• Admin
  • Life is like photography. Use negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights Weekly
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

Good idea Mark, it's like the autoresponder page? just delete the contents if you don't want it

Exactly. That's the best compromise that I can come up with.

Would it be backwards compatible or only available from a certain date onwards?

We'll start with this months sites (Oct 15). I will try to get some of the past months sites modified.

Thanks guys for your input. Keep your comments coming!

Mark

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.”
~ Mark Twain

thaismr

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »
It's best if eBay could be turned on or off. But I hope it doesn't get thrown away completely.

Philip

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »
Hi Thaismr,

The new set of sites for Oct come with an option to set the height of the eBay ad block. If you set the height to 0 then the ad block disappears.

Philip

thaismr

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 11:41:15 AM »
Hi Thaismr,

The new set of sites for Oct come with an option to set the height of the eBay ad block. If you set the height to 0 then the ad block disappears.

Philip

Thanks a lot for that information!  :smiley:

I currently have no account with them, but wouldn't want to miss all chance to use them in the future.