Author Topic: 100,000 PLR Articles Download Not Readable/usable?  (Read 2666 times)

bibiana5j

100,000 PLR Articles Download Not Readable/usable?
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:41:49 AM »
Hi, I downloaded the 100,000 PLR articles and when I extracted the zip files, I got a bunch of useless files that said they were still zipped and I cannot see any way to use them?

Did my download go bad?  Any ideas will be appreciated.  When I click on the files, it just goes to the Firefox browser.

John B.

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
Re: 100,000 PLR Articles Download Not Readable/usable?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »
Hi John B ::P

:welcome: to RRW.

It's nice to meet you.

About the 100,000 PLR Articles download--it's been so long since I've downloaded (and have been using) the 100,000 articles, I can't help you with your getting the files to open problem.

So, I suggest that you send a PM (private message) to Mark, using the "PM" in the Menu bar above. Or send him a "Help Ticket".

He'll get you fixed up soon.

Or, someone else will be around soon enough who can answer your question.

I do know that I've occasionally seen where a member will mention that something doesn't work or doesn't open and someone else suggests that they download it again. And then it works.

Karen

EDITED to ADD (after reading The Baron's (Brian's) comment below)

He said that the files do come in .RAR.  

And I remember I had trouble opening them, too. When I contacted Mark about it, he suggested that I use jZip to open the files. And that worked.  

Offline thebaron

• View Profile
    • Internet Marketing Consultant
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »
Hi John

I had to download them again to remind myself what the files looked like.

What you are seeing are "rar" files these are just like zip files and if you just "click" on them a picture of a frog will open up (no good to you).

What you need to do is right click and "Extract" you should then see another folder with the plr in it.

Now if you do not see rar files then I suggest you download them again as the file might have been corrupt so download again (takes a while so wait for it to finish)

If this does not solve the problem, then please let us know by posting here again.

Brian

Offline ASUService

• Harley's & Jack Daniels! God's gift to man!
    • View Profile
    • GoMobile Marketing USA - Mobile Advertising Solutions
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »
There is another post about this but not sure where it's at. If memory serves me correctly I had to dl and use 7Zip to get this handled.

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:09 PM »
There is another post about this but not sure where it's at. If memory serves me correctly I had to dl and use 7Zip to get this handled.

Mike,

I'm with you...I recall seeing another post similar to this...a verrrrry long time ago.

And when I first had the issue with not being able to unzip the files (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) and contacted Mark about it, he suggested that I use jZip or 7Zip. For some reason I also could not get 7Zip to open the files so I used jZip. And have been using jZip since.

Karen

P.S. Years and years ago, I used WinZip to unzip files.

Wester13

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:37 AM »
I know, I happened to see where a member will mention something doesn't work or not open, it shows that they and others to download it again. Then it is effective...

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:52:48 AM »
 Hi wester ::P

:welcome: to RRW.

It's nice to meet you.

And thank you for your input, too, on the sometimes opening or not being able to open files.

Karen