Author Topic: Coupon generator  (Read 1044 times)

Offline flcrouter

• View Profile
Coupon generator
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »
Hi All,
I have this coupon generator and you are supposed to set the "settings" but I have no idea how to do it.
The settings are:
site url
mysql_host
Coupons Database
Database User
password
Invalid Page

I do know I have to go to my server and run the SQL wizard and I think I go to PhpAdmin to set up the database but do I have to put a script into it??

What is the Invalid Page supposed to be??

I tried a different generator and got about half way through the instructions when it looked like I was supposed to pull a script our of thin air.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated or if you have an easier generator to set up that would work also
Best Regards to all,
Fred Crouter

Offline KarenMcG

• Sr Member
    • View Profile
Re: Coupon generator
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
Hi Fred  ::P

:welcome: to RRW.

It's nice to meet you.

I don't have a clue how to do what you're trying to do, but maybe someone will come along soon who can help you. 

Or, perhaps you could send Mark a ticket through the help desk and ask him.  You could even send him a Private Message (PM) using the link in the Menu bar above.

Karen

Offline ozarksentinel

• View Profile
    • Home Businesses For You
Re: Coupon generator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »
Well, let's see if I can help you with this:
site url    = the full url of the site the coupons appear on (http://www.yoursitegoeshere.com/)
mysql_host = normally simply localhost
Coupons Database = Name assigned to database (assuming you used the Mysql wizard just enter the database name
Database User = This will be the Mysql database user name
password = whatever password you set up for the database
Invalid Page = full url to an error page if the user enters a wrong url or coupon code (you will have to create this page and then simply place the url to it here)

This appears to be a config.php type file, so you would simply do the above, save it and upload to the root of the web site.
Hope this helps.
Dave